This Five Star Visit England, David Bellamy Gold & AA 5 Pennant Park nestles on the slopes of an ancient woodland with exclusive lake frontage for almost one mile along the shore of Lake Windermere in the Lake District National Park. This idyllic holiday location is perfectly located for access to the main areas of the Lake District National Park, with extensive facilities on site including five private jetties for boat launching, licensed shop and wildlife walks.
The Park welcomes touring caravans and motor homes, well behaved owners with their dogs, has self catering accommodation for hire on short term lets and offers exclusive pitch locations for private holiday homes and lodges with access to jetty facilities.
We are located on Lake Windermere.
Job Vacancy: Maintenance Manager
LAKE DISTRICT ESTATES COMPANY LIMITED
HILL OF OAKS
Period of employment Permanent
Hourly rate £18-£19’000.00 dependant on experience.
Hours of work 39 per week.
Accommodation Will be provided
About Lake District Estates
Lake District Estates is a family owned company based in Kendal. Within the group of businesses, we operate residential and commercial lettings, 5 caravan parks, self-catering holidays, private holiday home ownership, retail outlets, online shopping and two heritage visitor attractions. Lake District Estates is proud to provide a family solution for property lettings, holidays and activities in and around the Lake District National Park.
Main Purpose of Job
To assist the General Manager in the safe and efficient operation of the caravan park.
1. To co-ordinate Maintenance/Ground worker’s efforts to ensure a high standard across the Park. To engage in a range of tasks in connection with the maintenance of the site, including grass cutting, strimming, landscaping. and ensuring at all times that the caravan park is attractive and presentable.
2. To take control of moving static caravans around the Park, siting/de-siting of same. Training will be given for this role.
3. You will be required to drive various vehicles in this role
4. To delegate tasks to meet maintenance schedule and satisfy the General Manager’s needs.
5. Ensuring that maintenance jobs reported to reception are attended promptly.
6. To ensure that the grounds are kept neat and tidy and at all times that the caravan park is attractive and presentable.
7. Spraying and applying pesticides. (training arranged if need be)
8. Cleaning and oiling all gardening equipment as per manufacturers recommendations.
9. Maintaining all machinery and equipment in a clean and serviceable condition.
10. Report all breakages, breakdowns and damage to the General Manager immediately.
11. Filling any Prime health and safety reports as and when directed.
12. To make sure that all staff respect owners accommodation’s and to leave clean after attending jobs.
13. Ensuring the security and safety of all machinery and equipment at all times.
14. Checking gas and electric usage and requirements as instructed.
15. Communicate plans for upper level improvements to staff.
16. Liaise with General Manager for scheduling repairmen and extra help as needed.
17. Perform administrative tasks as and when required.
18. Ensuring compliance with delegated duties within the Prime safety, health and safety of self, team and customers, together with the security of the Holiday Homes and buildings serviced.
19. To undertake any other tasks required from time to time to contribute towards the successful operation of the company.
20. To develop good relationships with our customers, at all times achieving a high standard of customer service.
21. To assist with the operation of gas delivery when required.
22. To contribute towards the maintenance of successful team working throughout the staff team at Hill of Oaks Holiday Park.
The Maintenance Manager will report directly to the General Manager.
The successful candidates will demonstrate an enthusiastic, pro-active and problem solving approach to the job. They will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage customer expectations efficiently, be flexible, focused, self-motivated and be effective at time management and organisation. Bank Holiday and weekend working will be required, including unsociable hours.
You will be required to live in the company property provided with this job to better carry out your duties.
This will include some on call duties.
A current driving licence is essential for this role.
28 working days per annum inclusive of bank holidays plus one extra day after 5 years’ service, pro rata
A series of staff discounts and benefits are available across our group of businesses.
Four bedroom Bungalow with rear garden and shed/garage.