Houseguards job opportunities
Security surveillance and protection for unoccupied or vacant property in the UK – Houseguards have been a leading provider of this service since the inception of the company in 1992. We currently protect all kinds of properties throughout the UK, for all kinds of clients, from individuals to National Companies.
What does it take to become a House Guard?
The requirements are as follows:
- You must have, or be willing to train for, an SIA Licence. Without this you cannot work anywhere in the security sector.
- You need to be reasonably fit and active, as the position will involve being a visible presence patrolling the site.
- You must have a winterised caravan or motorhome not more than 10 years old.
- You will need to be flexible as to working location, as we never know where assignments will crop up.
- You will need to keep accurate records as a site log sheet must be filled in.
If you think that the above applies to you, then you could have a job that, potentially, could send you anywhere in the UK. Many of our house guards do not look on the position as ‘work’, and view each assignment as a holiday at someone else’s expense!
The work is not physically demanding, and will leave you plenty of time to pursue other hobbies if you have them, whether it be reading, fly tying, further education, playing musical instruments, writing a book or even bird watching. All of these activities are, or have been, pursued by House Guards on assignment whilst still on site and doing their job. The position suits itself rather better to semi-retired or even retired people, but there is no age discrimination at Houseguards – if you are capable of doing the job and fill the criteria, you are welcome to apply.
To view our current vacancies please click here to visit our website or telephone us on 01547 560022 or 0800 783 8645